Farrar's Faucet: A psychologist’s candid, productive and often humorous take on principled business behavior and better business outcomes.

End of week three

This is me exactly three weeks after my operation. I’m still at home, but I’ve started seeing a few clients and getting back into my regular routine. I still can’t drive, but that will come soon.

Last week at my second physiotherapy session I lifted my arms over my head for the first time: painful but worth it. I can’t lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, but I can put on my own shirt and tie, lift my books and generally get around the house. I still have to sleep entirely on my back, but I can get into and out of bed easily enough, and make myself comfortable in most chairs around the house.


Everything is relative.


I have been very lucky, both in the friends and clients who have been so supportive, and in the good healthcare outcomes that are putting me on the road to a great recovery.

A lot depends on whether you focus on how good things are, and work at the few things that are not going so well, or whether you focus on how bad things are and spend all your time looking for something to feel good about. I try to do the former.

No comments: